Publishing with Springer implies:
- publication under a CC BY license (except for some individual journals licensed under CC BY NC)
- author’s retention of the copyright
- open access publishing based on the author’s decision
- management of the publication process on Springer Platform
Management of the publication process after the peer-reviewers’ acceptance:
- Springer identifies the affiliation of the corresponding author who shall submit the contribution via their institutional email address or from an institutional IP Address
- the corresponding author shall make the decision of publishing on open access or not
- the institution (a designated member of staff) will validate the affiliation of the corresponding author
- the provision of publications is progressively used while stock lasts
- the overall publication trend is monitored centrally by CRUI CARE
- each institution can obtain a real-time report from the Springer platform, to monitor trends for its corresponding authors
What journals are available for publication on open access?
All the hybrid journals (i.e., those containing both subscription-based and open access articles) on SpringerLink. The full list is available from the Italian agreement page ("hybrid journal list").
Gold open access journals (that is, the totally open-access journals) and the journals of the Nature group are excluded from the agreement.